Saturday, August 8, 2009

Shopping Bags & Dancing Shoes

While yesterday was a total waste of makeup, today has been better to me.
I actually got out of the house.
Yes, you heard right.
I finally crawled out of my grief-stricken stupor and went to... well, okay... Wal Mart.
And while I know that isn't a major leap into the wild unknown or any sort of major feat, it is still progress to me.

Other progressive marks of the day:

  • Got up early.
  • Haven't cried once.
  • Watered my thirsty pot plants.
  • Danced through an entire song playing on the radio and it felt really good.
What song you ask?- "Say Hey (I Love You)" by Michael Franti... and I know if you watch the below video you will get up and dance too... but don't worry, I won't tell anyone. ;-)


  • Did a few (very few, but whose counting) crunches on the Ab Machine.
  • Finally went out and bought some groceries. Now we actually have food in the house.
  • Sat back and drank a glass of wine and finished the movie I started on yesterday.

So, all-in-all, not a bad day.


No comments: