Friday, August 21, 2009

Random... ness

Quandary:
My reading glasses have a vicious routine. I lay them down in one place and they move to another. So, what do I do? I go out and buy another pair, an EXTRA pair, you know, so at least when the first pair is playing hide-n-seek, I will have a backup. But no... they get together and form a friendship and start playing the same game. So I go out and buy a third pair. Well... by this time I realize I am only adding to the group of said friends and I'm still left with the dilemma of searching for my glasses and wondering where the heck I put them this time.



Anomaly:
The other day, I decided that the length of my hair (just above mid-back) was too long for a woman of my age (?) and so I went into the bathroom and snipped about four inches off. Checked it out in the mirror and it was way uneven.
Grrr. So I asked one of my roommates if she would even it out for me. No luck there. Said she was afraid she'd mess it up even worse. Well, I knew if I kept trying I wouldn't have any hair left, so... I begrudgingly go ask my other roommate, not at all expecting him to agree as he never involves himself with any of my nonsense. However, to my surprise, he took up the task and, I might add, did a very good job at it. So, one thing I learned. If you keep your eyes open long enough, you just never know what gargantuan surprises the day may bring. I'm still in shock... but at least my hair looks nice.

Now, where are my glasses.

-

4 comments:

Roamwithaview said...

That was funny in the first part. I am that way with 1/4" sockets. I liked the last part too...reminds me of 4 saying I have heard more than twice in the past.

1. Some people are too nervous to try something.

2. You never know unless you ask.

3. Even a scrooge will flip a dime to a homeless man from time to time.

4. If you are going to do something, do it well.

At least that what that 2nd part brought to mind.

Did you check the top of your head for your glasses? My last roommate would think she lost her reading glasses and then wouldn't realize they were on the top of her head and go crazy trying to find them. I would watch her looking for something and wouldn't know what, then when her looking started to drive me nuts, I would realize what she was looking for and say, "Its on your head." ha ha.

4evernite said...

Roam, the top of my head is the first place I search. Why, I don't know. They are never there. lol.

Kerree said...

I'm glad your hair looks nice. Last week I thought my mid back long hair was too long for someone my age and I lopped it off above my shoulders trying to go for a sleek Nicole Ritchie look but ending up looking like Roseanne. Yuck! I hate it!
I have the same problem with tweezers and nail clippers. I'm constantly buying new ones because I can't find the old ones. At least my disappearing articles are cheaper to replace :)

4evernite said...

Kerree, glad to know I'm not alone in the losing of things. I bet your hair looks nice. If not, it will always grow back :-)