The odd thing is, blue has always been my favorite color but I have never equivalized (found in Sandra's dictionary) that color with depression. It's too beautiful. The color of depression, for me, has always been gray. But really, when you think about it, even gray can bring a smile...
like when a gray cloud suddenly appears after a long drought and brings the welcoming rain and you just want to go out and soak up every last drop of it.
There are a-million-plus-one reasons for a person to smile in any given day and you don't have to look any further than where you are standing, or the two feet you're standing on, or the person next to you, or the one across the street.
I guess I am declaring this more for myself than for anyone else as I seem to have been born in a gray world under a gray cloud that has followed me throughout my life and still hovers about.
But today, I smiled...
- when I stepped outside this morning, still in my pjs, and a nice cool breeze brushed across my face
- when I heard the song "Smile" by Uncle Kracker playing on the radio
- when I found out my son and his family are coming to visit
- when a train came by the house with only one car hooked to it. It looked funny.
- when I took the first bite of a strawberry and the taste tickled my tongue.
What made YOU smile today?