Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Keep Bleeding Love

I might should save this post for February but then, why should Feb get all the love?

Hello, my name is Sandra... and I am an incurable romantic.

Most of the poetry I write (and read) is about love- sweet and bitter.
I've read books...watched movies... and listened to music about it.
Gave my heart and soul to it.
Stood on my head for it (well, not literally).
Fought with it. Made up with it.
Married it. Divorced it (at moments, and in mind only).
Welcomed it with open arms then kicked it out and welcomed it back again.


What is it about love that gives it the right to 90% of me? (I would say 100% but it might be listening).


What made me fall in love with love?


Well, first of all, I had no choice in the matter and second of all, the fact that it possesses all five senses; taste, touch, sight, sound, smell...

  • its charisma
  • its giddiness
  • the racing of the heart
  • the excitement
Who can deny such madness? I welcome it...

but I sometimes wish I could go on vacation and leave it behind. Take that opportunity to meet and get to know my other emotions, you know? but then, I'd probably spend all my time thinking about it and missing it, so what's the point?


Current poem: Barbara Lyman Kirby
"The Five Senses of Love".

Current song: Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love


The last romantic movie I watched was "Shades of Ray" (Not a well-known movie but one worth watching nonetheless. Some parts are hilarious).


Throwing this clip in 'cause it's funny.



"In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities." --Janos Arnay

3 comments:

Roamwithaview said...

I like that quote you have by Janos. Very true. Love knows no bounds.

Joey said...

haha yes love can make you feel like a god and like an idiot, that shades of ray movie looks funny. I love awkward moments in movies.

4evernite said...

Roam, glad you enjoyed the quote. It is a nice one.

Joey, love can definitely make you feel like a god (goddess) and/or like an idiot. It's worth it though, don't you think?