Friday, August 7, 2009

Coffee and Rose-colored Glasses


I can truly say I have accomplished my major childhood goals.

That's right! Both of them! lol.

-Get married
-Have kids.

Done it!

And to think, this morning as I sat at the desk with my coffee and a stayed-up-too-late hangover, I was scolding myself for not making and keeping any goals.

Of course, the dreams I had of those two particular goals didn't turn out quite the way I had envisioned. I realized this as soon as I removed my rose-colored glasses.

I had the wedding, I had the babies... but the happy-ever-after I too soon discovered was only for Cinderella. Then again... that story ended at the beginning didn't it? Hmm.

But yes, okay, there were other things in my youthful years that I dreamed of.

I wanted to...

  • learn the piano and have my own concert (if you're gonna dream then dream big, right?)
  • learn to paint and become an exceptionally wonderful artist (this coming from someone who can't even draw a straight line)
  • be a professional singer (without the neighborhood dogs as backup)
  • become an actress (I think I'd be good at make-believe)

Now that I'm older (and wiser?) my goals are more like...

  • get a job
  • make my own money
  • be more independent

Life is a funny thing. Not as in haha funny (well, sometimes) but as in, it never works out the way you expect it to.

But then again.... it IS what we make it.


No comments: