Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Crow and I

There's an arrogant black crow strutting down the road in front of our house. It's like he's saying, "It's a nice day for a walk!" -as opposed to flying. He looks to the right and to the left, occasionally stopping to peck at some unknown object.

And I...am sitting out on the porch, in the sun, wondering why marriage is called a union, when you end up spending most of it alone. My "companion" is in his own world; battling nations, building cities and being called "Lord K."

If it were just one day, I could stand it... but when it becomes a lifetime of days like this, spent in lonely exile, I find myself wishing for a different place... a reason to smile.


2 comments:

Joey said...

perhaps the "arrogant" crow represents someone going against the position expected of them.

4evernite said...

You could be right. Such is the similitude of the two paragraphs. Thanks for your comment... and for reading me. :-)